During the Q2 End of Quarter financial earnings call, Bob Chapek announced that Shanghai Disney Resort will reopen to guests on the 11th May 2020.
Strict controls on guests will be applied during this period including:
- An advanced reservation system (dated tickets, undated tickets will not be valid – annual pass holders will be able to apply for a date using a portal, passes will be extended beyond the reservation period).
- A Green Health QR code must be given to the guest from the Shanghai authorities
- Government issued ID must be shown on the turnstile
- Face masks will be worn by guests at all times (except whilst eating)
In addition, the parks will open most attractions, shops and dining. However:
- All parades, night time spectaculars, theatre shows will be cancelled
- A daily cavalcade of characters will take place
- A projection show will take place at night fall on the castle
- Meet and Greets will be at a distance, there is no chance to get close to, and take pictures with characters
There is no predicted date for the reopening of Disneyland Paris, however the Chief Medical Officer of Disney Parks has suggested that dining and shopping would return first (such as Disney Village outlets).
Stay tuned for the latest news regarding parks reopening.