The second Disney Resort to reopen has been confirmed as Hong Kong Disneyland on 18th June 2020. The level of Covid-19 infection has been sustainably low across Hong Kong for a few months now, but the resort is putting into place stringent health and safety measures.
- Temperature screenings will take place at the resort entrance
- Face masks must be worn by guests and cast members at all times
- Social Distancing must be observed in all areas (this does mean that attraction capacity is reduced)
- Park admission will be on a reservation only basis. Reservation opens 7 days in advance for park ticket holders.
- Hand sanitiser will be placer across the parks
- Restaurant menus will be accessed on guests phones via QR codes
- Social distancing will take place in restaurants by some tables being taken out of use
- Character interactions will be modified to take place at a safe distance, Mickey and Friends will be riding Dumbo
Magic Access members will see their passes extended for the period of closure, minus blockout dates, plus an extra 30 days.
Many of these measures will also happen at Disneyland Paris upon reopening, the opening date for Paris has not yet been announced.
Walt Disney World will open Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on July 11th, Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15th. Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will open July 17th. Shanghai Disney Resort opened on the 11th May 2020.