Character meetings have changed a bit since the reopening of Disneyland Paris; in order to comply with social distancing measures, Disneyland Paris have introduced the “selfie spot” concept which allows you to have magical moments with your favourite characters in new and unique ways.
Characters are now everywhere throughout the two Disney Parks, from Captain Jack in Adventureland to Sully in Toon Studio, you’re going to see a lot of characters in brand new locations.
- Mickey and the VIPs: Main Street Station (opening and closing times)
- Daisy Duck: Town Square Gazebo (Main Street USA)
- Donald Duck: Boarding House (Main Street USA)
- Cowgirl Minnie: Cowboy Cookout (Frontierland)
- Captain Jack Sparrow: Outside Captain Jack’s Restaurant (Adventureland)
- Captain Hook & Mr. Smee: Outside Captain Jack’s Restaurant (Adventureland)
- Princess Aurora and Philip: Castle Courtyard (Fantasyland)
- Snow White and Prince Charming: Wishing Well (Fantasyland)
- Mickey Mouse and the VIPs: Meet Mickey Mouse (Fantasyland)
- Tigger: Plaza Gardens (Main Street USA)
- Darth Vader: Star Port (Discoveryland)
- Chewbacca: Star Port (Discoveryland)
Walt Disney Studios Park
- Mickey and the VIPs: Studio 1 (opening and closing times)
- Sulley: Toon Studio
- Minnie Mouse: Toon Studio
- Goofy: Toon Studio
- Woody: Production Courtyard
- The Incredibles: Production Courtyard
- Belle: Animagique Theater
- Cinderella & Fairy Godmother: Animagique Theater
- Mickey Mouse: Animagique Theater
- Doctor Strange: Studio Theater
- Spider-Man: Studio Theater
- Black Panther: Studio Theater
- Captain Marvel: Studio Theater
- Black Window: Studio Theater
- Captain America: Studio Theater
- Loki: Studio Theater
- Thor: Studio Theater
- Anna & Elsa: Animation Celebration
- Kristoff & Sven: Animation Celebration
- Olaf: Animation Celebration
As you can see from this list (and even that is not exhaustive), there is a wide range of characters that guests can have interactions with, there really is something for everyone.
How do Selfie Spots work?
The good thing with the new Selfie Spots are that lines move so quickly that it is quite easy to do all of them in one day.
Simply queue up in the new socially distant queues (as a reminder, all parties are required to be 1 metre apart from each other which is enforced by Cast Members and large stickers on the ground), then walk up to the character, have a conversation, finally stand on the marker (which has been positioned so that your photo is perfectly framed) and take your selfie.
Don’t want to take a selfie? Despite the name “selfie spots” if there are multiple of you within your group, you can take pictures normally. Remember, Cast Members are not permitted to handle your phone or camera at this time. You must also remember to keep your face covering on at all times, you may not remove it to take photos.
For a very selfie spots (notably in the Walt Disney Studios Park) you must reserve your slot on Lineberty. There was never really any problem getting slots for these meets, except for the Frozen experience which filled up quickly. Often you can take a Lineberty ticket and go straight over to the character.
Everything has been thought through in order to create the most magical experience, including walking on stage into the wonderful decor of Mickey and the Magician, or Arendelle meaning that interactions take on a new look, but they are just as magical, if not more.
All that’s left now is for you to get your camera ready and to make some magical memories!